|Katherine Swann||Council Liaison|
|Griffin Kidd||Asst. Council Liaison|
Five-year terms; up to seven members
- Removal and/or trimming of curbside and public trees
- Planting trees in public and curbside locations
- Reporting tree related problems to other Borough agencies
- Maintaining Tree City USA status
- Conducting Arbor Day ceremonies
- Providing tips to the public on general tree maintenance
- Providing guidelines for dealing with tree damaged sidewalks
- Affiliated memorial tree and plaque program
The Shade Tree Commission may be contacted by leaving a message via the phone number or e-mail address given above. The Commission maintains jurisdiction over all curbside trees (trees between the curb and sidewalk, or within the borough right of way in areas without sidewalks) as well as all public trees (in the parks or on municipal property) in the borough.
Memorial trees and plaques can be arranged by contacting the Commission.
Requests for Authorization for Tree Work:
Borough code requires that written authorization be obtained prior to removing a tree or cutting any part of a tree (including roots) under its jurisdiction. This includes trees between the sidewalk and curb. If you are planning to do such work, or to contract to have it done by someone else, complete the authorization for tree work form (see link below) and send or bring it to the Commission’s mailbox at Borough Hall. Include the name of the company doing the work. For pruning of limbs, include the CTE or ISA number of the arborist doing or supervising the work. Your request will be considered at the next meeting of the Commission, and you will be notified of the outcome. We will file the completed application with Thomas Connelly, the code enforcement officer, and return a copy to you.